Mario Party (N64)
Do you like multiplayer games? Ever heard of Mario Party? Do you think this game doesn't have what it takes to satisfy your thirst for multiplayer games? Well then guess again. Yeah, I admit that i was skeptical at first of the game. Well think about it, it's a board game for crying out loud. Boy, was I ever wrong, Mario Party is a blast!
The graphics in Mario Party are beautifully rendered. They are absolutely stunning. My favorite is Yoshi's board. Not only is the game filled with bright colors, but dark colors as well like in Bowser's game board. The movies aren't that entertaining like let's say the opening in super smash brothers, but they're OK. The game could of used more movies or boards, but with a fun meter like this, I forgive them.
Mario Party's is filled with music from previous Nintendo games. I think there are a couple of brand new songs. Well, the music goes really well with each mini-game, as well as each board. The music is like old times and by this I mean, they are geared towards younger audiences. It's not like I want them to put on some limp bizkit or anything, but a little, let's say more contemporary music, would be nice.
This is were the game really falls. Not only is it easy to learn the game but it is even easier to unlock all the boards and secrets. The game challenge is not up to Zelda, but some boards are pretty challenging. Mario Party is definitely not made for the challenge. Some of the mini-games are indeed challenging. For example, there's this one where your on a rubber ball and you have to go through a maze without falling but the land is really small. This was actually one of the toughest games in the game. Everything else was basically easy.
Playing the game without anyone can be entertaining for a while, but playing with friends can go on for hours. There are so many games and just wanting to outdo your friends is really fun. You will constantly find yourself trying to outdo your friends and demolish them. The game was meant for a party and nothing else.
This game goes on for hours. There is just no end when playing with friends. The game is playable day after day after day. I play it with friends constantly and I have never gotten bored of it. It is one of my favorite multiplayer games. Just make sure to play it with friends and not alone or the replayability will not be there. Mario Party is definitely a game that can be played when over at a friends or your relatives are over.
Mario Party is worth its price even if you just want to rent it. It is a great game with lots of goodies that will keep you playing for hours, days, weeks, months, etc. It is definitely worth a checking into. Not only is it filled with many secrets, the graphics are great, the multiplayer is fun, and there is just so many to do.
Mario Party may not look like it's worth your money or your time but trust me, you should at least rent the game. After getting it make sure you invite your friends over and you'll have a Party.
- Mario Party's is filled with music from previous Nintendo games. I think there are a couple of brand new songs.
- The graphics in Mario Party are beautifully rendered. They are absolutely stunning.
- Mario Party appeals to gamers of all type so check into it. It's worth checking into. It will definitely change your attitude toward it.
REPLAY VALUE: 10/10
- Mario Party is worth its price even if you just want to rent it. It is a great game with lots of goodies that will keep you playing for hours, days, weeks, months, etc.
- As I play Mario Party, I find that there is really no frustration. Unless I'm trying to beat the hell out of my friends and i can't because something weird happens in the game or i can't unlock a board because i didn't get enough stars. Other than that, i find the game relaxing and getting all my anger out at my friends especially when i pulverize them.
- Reviewed by Alvin